Monday, May 6, 2013

Nail Designs


Nails, nails, nails!
One of my fetish is getting my nails done every month.  Yeah, I know it requires time and money to go and get myself pampered, but this is one time each month where I can relax and not worry about things.  I've been really "inspired" to try many new designs and such--been getting calgel nails since about a year and half ago. Biggest perk about living in NYC!

Although I think having 3-D design and doing crazy nails are fun, because of my profession and also my personality, I like to be different but not too overboard crazy.  Here are some nail designs I've done in the past:


September 2012

Image

In preparation for the fall, this past September, I've decided to tone down the colors and go with the basic--nude nails! Of course, I needed to spark things up as I couldn't just have my nails in nude. I decided to place a focal point on my fourth/ring finger on both hands by painting them with glitter gold polish. To make my nude nails a bit more sophisticated, I decided to put tiny gold stone on each nail to create depth and design.



October 2012:


Image

I was inspired to try something a bit more unique with my nails when I was browsing through Japanese magazine a couple of months ago. I'm one of those people who have a hard time moving away from something I like and trying something new for the fear of not liking it and regretting the decision that I made. With my nails, I've been trying to keep them "simple" as I've been sticking with either getting: different colored french nails; glitter gradation; solid colored nails with little stones; or spicing up my nails by having my fourth or second nails different from the rest (more nail pix to come...).

When I saw and heard about "tie-dye" nails, I felt compelled to try it although I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to pull it off. Yay for my courage because I ended up really liking my October nails! In order to complement my tie-dye nail on my fourth finger, I decided to keep the rest of my nails simple by coloring them white--but of course, couldn't resist the little gems so added them to all my nails except the fourth one on each hand. The tie-dye nails were made up of 4 different colors: white as the base; light blue; hot pink; and yellow.


November 2012:




Image

I think it's been a while since I painted my nails in these dark shades of color. I'm one of those light nail colored person, always sticking with light pink and pastel colors. Since this past summer, I've been trying to be bold about my colors as I even attempted neon nail colors. I think living in NYC has definitely helped in bringing my boldness and my "I-don't-care-what-everything-else-thinks" attitude.

In order to make my nails a bit more unique than others, I've decided to alternate the dark gray (love this color!) and plum color as I paint them onto my nails. And of course, I couldn't leave out my precious stones/gems as I only added one on my thumb and pinky for both hands.


December 2012:

Image

I've been wanting to try the "half-moon" nails since last summer. I've been a little skeptical and wasn't sure if I would be able to pull them off (I'm such a "chicken" when it comes to trying new things, sigh!). My nail technician, Yuka, had convinced me in November, but ended up getting the dark colored shades instead--but had promised her that I'll try them in December.

I ended up spotting soooo many Korean celebrities with half moon nails on Korean TV shows and such all, which was a total plus! I guess the more you see others having it, the more you want it yourself--haha! I was debating between Christmas colored red but than decided to go with sparkly, copper gold glitter for this month.





January 2013:


I got my nails done to match the wintery month of January.

Image

Round nails with pure white polish with small, silver glitters for the gradation effect that starts near the cuticles. 

Image


 photo Christy.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment