Sunday, May 5, 2013

Blueberry Muffins

On Christmas morning, I decided to do a little baking for my husband. I wanted to try a new blueberry muffin recipe that I found on someone's blog, but with a little twist of my own. My husband and I devoured 2 muffins each this morning because it was DELICIOUS! Then, we had another one with our dinner as our "appetizer."  Definitely try it and let me know how it went!



Ingredients:
  • 3 cups of all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup of sugar
  • 1 1/2  tablespoon of baking powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon of salt
  • 2 large eggs at room temperature
  • 1 1/2 cups of buttermilk (Important: shake)
  • 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly (approximately 3/4 stick)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups of blueberries, lightly coated with flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons of grated lemon zest

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Grease the 12-cups muffing tin or line with muffin liners.

Image

3. Wash the blueberries and pat dry on the paper towel. Lightly coat dried blueberries with 1-2 teaspoons of all-purpose flour. Set them aside.

Image

4. In a large bowl, sift and mix together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder). Then make a well in the center. Set aside.

Image

Image

5. Melt unsalted butter (I placed the butter in the microwave for about a minute and had it sit to cool before mixing with the wet mixture).

Image

6. Stir in the liquid ingredients (beat the eggs first; then add buttermilk, melted butter, vanilla extract, and lemon zest) until just combined.

Image

7. Stir in the wet mixture into the well of the dry ingredients. Do not over-mix.

Image

Image

8. Gently and carefully fold the blueberries into the batter. The batter may be lumpy (it's okay!).

Image

9. Fill the batter to muffin cup right to the top using a large spoon or an ice cream scoop.

Image

Image

Image

10. Bake for about 20 -22 minutes until lightly golden OR a cake taster inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs. It actually took me about 25 minutes but I think it's just with my oven. Do not over-bake the muffins!

Image

Image

Yummy!

 photo Christy.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment